Re: Please review 3.4 patches

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 10:01:47PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> >http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-10/msg00795.html
>
> This last one, at least, is clearly wrong.
>
> You're now defaulting to --enable-shared, even on systems that may not
> support shared libraries at all.

enable_shared in top level is only used for setting up proper
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. If systems don't support shared libraries, setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH won't affect anything. If we wants to prevent it
leaking down, we can change it to set_lib_path.

> What's wrong with Joe's suggested solution: set LD_LIBRARY_PATH when
> running programs from the stage1/ or stage2/ directories?

That is exactly what my patch does, which sets up proper
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

H.J.