Re: Bootstrap failure on powerpc-apple-darwin

Andrew Pinski wrote:

This one:
2004-10-28  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

        * bitmap.h (bitmap_empty_p): New.
        (bitmap_and, bitmap_and_into, bitmap_and_compl,
        bitmap_and_compl_into, bitmap_ior, bitmap_ior_into,
        bitmap_ior_compl, bitmap_xor, bitmap_xor_into): New bitmap
        operation macros.

-- Pinski

This is very strange. Typo's excepting that replaced a direct calls to a function with calls via macros. How could that change the compiler's behaviour?

It did add a bitmap_empty_p, but as that merely looks at a pointer,
I don't see how that could make things slower either.

> This warning is erroneous. bi.ptr2 is not used at all.  The reason why
> this happens is because the size (or the number of elements used) has
> changed for bitmap_iterator which means that we no longer SRA the copy

I don't understand this bit. I did not change the iterators.

I will carefully look at the patch again, but I am confused.

nathan