Re: OpenMP options and threading models

Tom Tromey wrote:
Other target libraries like libjava just use the thread model
determined by --enable-threads.  This makes sense since that option
controls what threading primitives are used by libgcc.

This has been my thinking, too. It seems to me that keying off of --enable-threads is what users will expect.

So, IMO, this should be the default.  Adding some other option may
make sense depending on the needs of OpenMP.

Some OpenMP implementations (usually OpenMP->C translators) offer threading options; most commercial compilers have a single threading model.

-- Scott Robert Ladd site: http://www.coyotegulch.com blog: http://chaoticcoyote.blogspot.com