Declarations after statements in front ends

Are C++/C99-style "declarations after statements" permitted in the non-C front ends? Currently there are no warnings given, but I do recall getting complaints in the past when my Java patches have used them.

It seems to me that there is no reason not to allow them here, because the other front ends wont be built until stage 2 when bootstrapping. However, if we don't want to allow them (for stylistic reasons?) then should -Wdeclarations-after-statements be enabled?

Bryce