Re: [gomp] Challenges in Implementing OpenMP

Phil Edwards wrote:
There's a huge collection of OpenMP threads containing considered and
not-so-considerd comments in the gcc@ archive.  They should probably be
reviewed by all interested parties before repeating the same arguments.
Some of the issues have been dealt with, some still remain.

I wouldn't call 99 messages (found by searching the GCC archive for "OpenMP") the number of threads "huge".

The most pertinent thread, from 7 Feb 2003, is

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-02/msg00367.html

So far as I can tell, that is the *only* technical thread, and it is 18 months old, pre-dating the merge of gfortran and tree-ssa. Most of the thread is taken up with discussions of OpenMP's aesthetics and people's opinions thereof.

--
Scott Robert Ladd
site: http://www.coyotegulch.com