RE: cvs problems ...

  Ah.  Of course (re my last post), loginfo probably doesn't run when
there's an aborted checkin.

  OTOH, you could abuse commitinfo to provide a pseudo-module name somewhere
that anyone with write access could queue a commit to, and then commitinfo
could trigger the job to fix the problem and then deny the commit.  That
would allow anyone with write access to CVS to trigger off the fix remotely.

    cheers,
      DaveK