RE: [RFC] Removing -fpack-struct in C++ for 4.0

  Yep, I know all that, which is why I said....

> Let's not get into a discussion about how bad someone's engineering
> practices would be if they wanted to use C++ in an embedded system and
> -fpack-structs to allow unaligned accesses; it's not the compiler's job
> to mandate good development methodology amongst the users.

  I'm not going to object very strongly.  If you really want rid of it, get
rid of it; it's not a flag that I ever use, so I have no personal interest
in the matter.  But I do think people will complain.

    cheers,
      DaveK