Re: Ada, treelang needs to be converted to --enable-mapped-location

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 01:39:02PM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> As Zack and have I've patiently tried to explain: line-map.[ch] is not
> part of or dependent on GCC or its back-end.
> Thus it is not a call-back.  Using line-map.[ch] is like using say a
> regular expression package.  It's a utility package that happens to be
> written in C and reside in libcpp; neither of which should prevent it
> from being used from Ada code.

So is the objection really to its placement in libcpp, a library that
is otherwise unused?  Maybe this is just a code organization issue.
What if it were in libiberty instead?  Would that calm people down
and make clear that it's not part of the GCC backend?