Re: A gcc-cris bug?

On Oct 6, 2004, at 10:47 AM, Dave Korn wrote:

Maybe, but it does make -O3 unusable, doesn't it? I know it's meant to be
'unsafe' and come with suitable health warnings, but this sort of bad
codegen just seems beyond coping with. If the tree-based inliner has always
been similarly unreliable, well maybe it isn't a regression, but also maybe
the inliner should just be disabled on the release branches ?

Another example which has the same bug in 3.4 and before: void main () { int i;

  for (i = 0; i < foo; i++)
    {
      foo = 0;
    }
  printf("foo is: %d, i is: %d\n",foo,i);
}

so I just provided it has nothing to do with the inliner at all.

-- Pinski