Re: Ada, treelang needs to be converted to --enable-mapped-location

On Sep 29, 2004, at 3:50 PM, Per Bothner wrote:

I'm close to checking in patches to support --enable-mapped-location
for Java.  At that point all of the default-enabled languages work
more-or-less (i.e. with a small number of testsuite regressions).
If we can fix the regressions, and there are clear benefits (e.g.
measurable compilation-speed improvements or better errors reporting)
we might make --enable-mapped-location the default for 4.0; if not it
will at the very latest become the default in stage1 of 4.1.

I hope you're only talking about having it "become the default" as an intermediate stage toward getting rid of the older way of handling source locations. gcc has way too many knobs, and there are far too many combinations of options to test. If this works, and if it's an improvement, then we should just convert to it and not look back.

--Matt