Re: #pragma redefine_extname and local declarations

Joseph S. Myers wrote:

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Mark Mitchell wrote:

This did not work in GCC 3.4 either, so I don't think it had anything to do
with Zack's changes to redefine_extname in GCC 4.0. But, I'd be curious as to
whether or not you think that this behavior is as desired. If you don't think
this is the desired behavior, then perhaps we should be calling
maybe_apply_renaming_pragma more often -- after every function declaration
with external linkage in finish_decl, rather than just those with global
scope.

I think the pragma should apply to all external function declarations (and this should probably be the case for extern_prefix as well), explicit and implicit. This also appears to be what the Solaris 9 compiler does.

Indeed. I am testing a patch to fix this bug.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC