Re: -O1 -Winline

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
I was playing with gcc flags to test if my code was robust. And I try -Winline, according to the doc I need to use -O1 also. But if I try to compile anything that use a bit of the stl I get tons of warnings.

I don't hink -Winline does anything useful for C++ code.

-Winline means emit a warning if something was declared with the inline keyword, but was not inlined by the compiler. For C code, where inline tends to be used sparingly, and only for functions that are likely to be inlined, this warning may give you useful info. For C++ code, where inline tends to be used a lot, and some things are implicitly inline, this warning will just give you a lot of noise.