Re: Reenabling Ada by default

Florian Weimer wrote:

Can you provide a pointer to a short, high-level documentation of this
approach?

Tom posted my original design proposal.

It's probably a standard implementation technique for OO languages,

Not as far as I know, but I don't know the literature that well. It's possible it's a variant of a published technique, but not to my knowledge. I've been wanting to write it up as a paper, but never got around to it. It's also possible that caching techniques may work better with todays processors, where locality is everything. Of course caching can be combined with gcj's indirect dispatch when the cache fails - if the numbers were to show it makes sense. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/