Re: Unix Signals as OS Exceptions in C++

On Sep 12, 2004, at 7:59 AM, Luca Saiu wrote:

[not completely related]

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
It already works fine; just call throw from your signal handler.  This
programs works as expected on i386 GNU/Linux if you type ^C during the
sleep.

On my machines the exception is regularly thrown in the signal handler, but it can't be caught by catch, not even by catch(...); the program aborts. This happens on all my machines (GNU/Linux PowerPC and x86), with all the GCC versions I have installed (from 2.95 to 3.4.2).
No twiddling helped, as far as I tried.

This seems a bug. Should I file a PR? Is it only me to see that?

If you are not using -fnon-call-exceptions then GCC will not know that a non call can throw.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski