Unix Signals as OS Exceptions in C++

The article on the following link discusses a mechanism to handle exceptions
generated by the Microsoft Windows OS.

http://www.codeproject.org/cpp/exceptionhandler.asp#xx515459xx

Since the counterpart to the Windows Structured Exception Handling is
(probably) Unix signaling, it seems a comperable mechanism on Unix and
Unix-like OS's would need to translate signals to exceptions.  This seems to
me to be the domain of GCC.

I've never heard of such a feature.  Perhaps this is just a question of RTFM.
If so, please let me know.  If not, then let me suggest the gcj may provide
an example of how to implement this support for C++ exception handling.

Is this worth pursuing?
--
Regards,
Steven