Re: Programming Language for Beginners

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, James A. Morrison wrote:

>  I resurrected Treelang a few months ago.  It now works with the tree-ssa
> stuff.  That is not to say it is a great example, but it is simple enough and
> has a few testcases now.

The Treelang manual isn't a great example of a front end manual.  The
front end may not be a great example of a front end either - it certainly
doesn't follow the GNU Coding Standards particularly well - but your
resurrection was a reasonable example of how you can take something old
and bitrotten and clean it up, and should anyone wish to go further with
Treelang it could serve as a first stage of a gradual transition into a
great example.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
  http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/#c90status - status of C90 for GCC 4.0