Re: Reenabling Ada by default

 > From: Robert Dewar
 >
 > One thing that might be useful in this discussion is if people
 > chose particular examples of patches to illustrate what they
 > meant, rather than speaking in generalities.

Easy.  These are the last four patches sibmitted by Arno submitted
over the last month.  Note they don't occur on a daily basis as
previously claimed.

They are all just ChangeLogs and attached gzip files.  There is no
explanation of what's being changed or why.  This is entirely opaque.

Contrast that to this patch posting:

Note, the author rth needs commit approval from no one.  Nevertheless,
he creates one small patch to fix one problem.  He provides a
diagnosis and explanation and a reference to a PR in our bug database
which includes a testcase a reduced testcase a recipe for recreating
the bug plus further discussion.

A curious GCC developer can read and learn from this narrowly focused
bugfixing example.  Reading the Ada code drops doesn't even come
close to illuminating what's going on.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu