Re: Why don't we set up an official wiki for GCC documentation?

On Sep 9, 2004, at 4:35 PM, Stan Shebs wrote:

Daniel Berlin wrote:

[...] I don't think wiki is a good solution for our documentation right now. Our documentation is mostly in .texi, which isn't hard to modify at all.

One win for a wiki in this case is that it's a way to "prototype" documentation; everybody bang on a description of a neglected area, converge on something that seems good, then submit as a patch to the .texi files. The patch process is kind of inefficient for wordsmithing, as the lengthy doc patch threads suggest.

You guys can use the Wiki for whatever you want. Certainly, I won't stop you :)

Stan