Re: Ada mainline

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 23:04, Robert Dewar wrote:

> Now I am puzzled, we make updates to the front end nearly
> every day, and yet you think we should not contribute
> patches with that frequency.

You contribute the patches at whatever frequency you want.  They get
independently approved at whatever frequency the reviewers approve
them.  Do I really have to explain such basic mechanisms to you?

> > Every single individual patch should be submitted and committed separately.
> > Period.
>
> It's not always clear what constitutes a "single individual patch".

Have you read and understood http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html?  If
that doesn't answer your questions, we should probably add the missing
bits.

> We often do major reorganizations of the sources. These are represented
> as a collection of individual patches, but I am not sure what you
> would expect here.

You should know.  Source reorgs have happened many times on gcc-patches.

Read http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html.

> I assume for you a patch is all related changes. By the way, more than
> half the patches are just collections of minor stylistic reformatting
> (mostly done by me). These I would assume you have no objection to
> batching, since they certainly don't require any discussion or review.

Read http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html.  Do you know what the 'obvious
rule' is?

Diego.