Re: Ada mainline

> I don't agree.  This may be the case if ACT people worked and committed
> changes directly to the FSF tree but IMHO it is not, given the way Ada
> commits are made.  Such fixes should be only posted to

That would not make any difference, except that it would be worse, since
more people would be annoyed at FSF tree breaking Ada.

> gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org so that you can put them into your private trees
> (like Kenner seems to be doing), and we do not risk leaving hacks
> indefinitely in the FSF mainline.

Trouble with this approach is that *nobody* can build Ada out of the box,
which is very annoying. Having only me or Richard being able to build Ada
isn't that useful. I'd rather have as much people being able to build Ada,
that's the only way to avoid these continuous breakages.

Arno