Re: New problem compiling g-exctra.adb

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 19:08, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     Yes.  And in the case of a pointer initialized to 0, we should
>     probably set it PT_ANYTHING, unless we can equate 0 with "can't point
>     to a user variable".
>
> I'd say that zero means it can't point to a user variable.

I'm not well versed in standards and such, but if that's the case, you
want to create a name tag for such a pointer.

To solicit name tag creation, you have to tell create_name_tags() about
the pointer.  Currently it creates name tags for pointers with PT_VARS
and pointers with PT_MALLOC.

One approach is to set the PT_MALLOC attribute on these pointers with
value 0.  If you do that, things should just work.  The name would
probably need to be changed, but PT_MALLOC has the semantics you are
looking for.  It means 'points to a chunk of memory that cannot be used
by a regular user variable'.

Diego.