Re: Ada policy

Richard Kenner wrote:
A while ago I asked for these 0000-xxx tests (I believe they are those
you describe, right?)

In fact I sent a few along as you will remember! Nothing seemed to happen with them, so doing more of them is on my list, but not done yet.

Well, 000x-xxx, but yes.

    The current ACATS harness need no or little modification to run
    non ACATS tests, if no one has another Ada-aware harness at hand, I can
    collect the test cases from the GCC archives and put them there.

Doesn't that harness depend on the test using the Report mechanism,
which random tests won't do?  Certainly most of the one you cite don't:
they rely on printing output and comparing it with a known-good file.

None of our purpose written tests use report, they all use a comparison approach, as Richard knows.

You're familiar with the format of those tests. Some harness that could run them would be a good start.