Re: Complex log builtins

 > I just tried to make gfortran use the _Complex log builtins (clog,
 > etc.), and discovered they don't exist.
 >
 > The original post adding the other C99 math functions
 > (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-09/msg00180.html)
 > Mentions conflicts with C++ iostreams clog.
 >
 > [...]
 > I enabled the builtins and tried various combinations of clog,
 > std::clog, ::clog and using namespace std; and couldn't trigger any
 > bad behaviour. The C99 clog was uniformly ignored.

I don't recall the exact failure I got, but it would have probably
been something exposed during a testsuite run.  Not sure if it was the
G++ or the libstdc++ testsuite.

If running those with the clog* builtins enabled doesn't break
something, it may just be that the compiler is different enough that
it's not longer a problem.  E.g. the new parser or builtins work may
have safely compartmentalized things.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu