Re: Libobjc and libffi on Darwin

On Aug 14, 2004, at 8:48 PM, Bill Northcott wrote:

Well since GNUStep uses libffi, I thought that compiling with objc
would install libffi automatically.

Adding objc to the languages does not even build libffi. Fudging the targets in configure to make it build means it also installs with an FSF build, but Apple use build_gcc to assemble the final distribution and it does not copy ffi.h into its final location without a patch like I suggested.

This was mainly a reply to Tom's email and what should happen in the future,
not what happens now.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski