Re: C constant expressions proposals

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, I wrote:

> determining whether an array is a VLA.  About 1 hour 45 minutes of the 2
> hour panel meeting was spent discussing whether to support the creation of
> some new WG14 work items (despite the principle that work item creation is
> a purely formal vote to which you shouldn't object if other countries are
> willing to do the work), leaving 15 minutes to discuss the proposed DR.
> The objections were of the forms:

 ... and in case I've given the impression that the UK C Panel is rather
dysfunctional, the meeting that agreed 33 DRs was perfectly functional
even if WG14 may not have cared for getting so many DRs with only one
person sent to help deal with them.  It's just that sometimes there are
political matters consuming time in place of the technical ones, and
though afternoon meetings are cheaper for many of the participants to get
to they do rather limit the time available compared to meetings with both
morning and afternoon used.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)