Re: build time profiling?

troy d.straszheim wrote:
I'm new to the list. I'm working on a project now that is a real rat's nest of templates and unnecessary (or mostly unnecessary) #includes. As we start to try to disentangle things, it would be nice to see where to put the effort... e.g. which header files take the longest to compile,

We have support for precompiling header files. You could try precompiling them, and then measuring the time needed for the precompile, and the size of the output precompiled file. That might give some useful info about the complexity of various header files. Or maybe not.