Re: Problems with breakpoints in constructors

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:38:02AM +0530, Amit S. Kale wrote:
> I believe I got DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name in concrete instance by doing this.
>
> I defined class as follows
> class MyClass  { public:
> 	MyClass(void);
> 	void afun(void); };
> MyClass::MyClass(void) { }
> void MyClass::afun(void) { }
>
> This is followed by empty definitions for the two member functions.
>
> I got the mips linkage names in concrete definitions in .debug_info section as
> shown by dwarfdump utility:

Please show the entire output of dwarfdump before and after; I can't
interpret these without more context.

> Does .debug_abbrev contain abstract definitions?

.debug_abbrev contains only templates for .debug_info.  You may wish to
read the dwarf2 specification, which explains what they are.  In any
case it is not an issue.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz