RE: Converting GCC to compilation with C++

Dave Korn:
>   My take on the C-vs-C++ debate would be i) that C++ compilers are now
> widespread enough that it's almost certainly no longer a barrier to entry
> if
> we started using C++ code in the compiler, ii) that I'd have very serious
> reservations for the long-term maintainability (and for the ability of
> newcomers to get to grips with the source, already difficult enough) of
> the
> entire project if we started to go bananas with tangled and multiple
> inheritance hierarchies, templates, inanely overloaded operators, and all
> the more obfuscatory features of the C++ language, iii) but that I'd not

The misconceptions here are, as expected,

  (1) the features, themselves are obfuscatory, not
       their misuses;
  (2) just because there is a feature means it should be used.

Templates, overloading and multiple inheritance work for me and
all other programmers I know of or have met.

-- Gaby