Re: Bootstrap failure on darwin 7.4.0 due to memory exhaution

    Ah.  I hadn't quite clued into the fact that many patches were still in
    your private tree.

It's not "many", but a few.  I was assuming that Arno was going to propagate
local checkins to the FSF tree like he usually did and he was assuming
I was continuing to do it as I had been since I started the tree-ssa
conversion for Ada.  The result was that the trees got out of synch more
than usual.  But it's only a couple of week and not a lot of patches. And
Arno said he'd resolve this soon anyway.

    That's where I got confused (overeager?).  I knew that you had a
    "working" compiler, but I didn't know how much was not in the public
    tree yet.

No, the main issue is that *no* compiler comes remotely close to "working":
if it had, I'd have made sure that trees were synched.  The one I'm working
with is a little better than that in the FSF tree, but not significantly so.