Re: Bootstrap failure on darwin 7.4.0 due to memory exhaution

On Jul 11, 2004, at 10:08 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

I have been unable to bootstrap mainline on darwin building just the C
and Ada frontends. The stage1 Ada compiler seems to use memory without
bound (generally crashing my machine too).

I'm not sure if bootstrapping ada is supposed to work on any particular
platform yet. I did have to manually add "ada" to the BOOT_LANGUAGES
variable in gcc/Makefile after configuration. Is there some special
incantation needed?

I think Ada is not able to build yet on any target yet so this is known
bug really, see PR 15416.

I think you really need to keep up with the mailing list if you are
going to try the mainline.

I do follow the gcc (and often gcc-patches and gcc-testresults) mailing list. However I don't follow gcc-bugs or delve into bugzilla much. Sigh. There's always something more.

I had been watching Richard Kenner's patches and wanted to see how things were progressing. Since Kenner had mentioned fixing ACATS failures and this-and-such patch had broken Ada bootstrap <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-07/msg00314.html> I thought that there was a good chance Ada *might* work now. Apparently not.

Who is going to clear PR 15416? i.e. What are the criteria?

Cheers,
	Chris

--
Chris Douty  <christov@mac.com>