Re: Targeting gcc to a new architecture

You are referring the second best thing available for targetting GCC,
the best being the GCC code itself.
The best way to do what you are doing is to understand the diferences
of your architecture with MIPS and find out in the GCC code where to
apply them.
Another thing is that if you do not intend to contribute your port to
open source then things become easy to implement.
If your target is similar to MIPS in terms of instruction set then
probably you need to study some other features like pipelining,
instruction scheduling et al and how they are implemented in GCC.

You can ask specific questions on the list for getting help.

Nitin
Software Engineer
Bangalore India