RE: 21 GCC HEAD regressions, 2 new, with your patch on 2004-07-07T22:45:18Z.

The problem is we changed our mind later after making it one only. I
don't know if we can turn a global symbol to local early on. We need to
undo what we did before. However, there is no way to do it properly. It
looks like every defined MAKE_DECL_ONE_ONLY is

DECL_WEAK (DECL) = 1

If we rename MAKE_DECL_ONE_ONLY to something like
MAKE_DECL_ONE_ONLY_WEAK, we can do

#ifdef MAKE_DECL_ONE_ONLY_WEAK
	DECL_WEAK (DECL) = 1;
#endif

instead of

#ifdef MAKE_DECL_ONE_ONLY
	MAKE_DECL_ONE_ONLY (DECL)
#endif

Then we can undo the demage. If we need a different MAKE_DECL_ONE than
DECL_WEAK, we can have MAKE_DECL_ONE_FOORBAR.

H.J. Lu
Intel Corporation