Re: NM and AR not being used?

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 11:40, Georg Schwarz wrote:
> > The easiest way to make this work is to build and install binutils using
> > the exact same prefix that you build and install gcc with.  If you do
> that is unpack binutils into /usr/people/schwarz/ in this case?

No.  I meant using the same --prefix option to configure for both
binutils and gcc.  However, as I later mentioned, this primarily works
for things called directly by gcc, like as and ld.  It doesn't work for
things called by the build system.

Constructing a combined binutils/gcc source tree is another way to solve
the problem.  You want to extract binutils first, and then gcc, as you
want the gcc copies of files that are common to both.  There are some
instructions on one way to do this using the CVS trees at
    http://gcc.gnu.org/simtest-howto.html

> since you seem to understand the problem much better than I do, could
> you please file that bug report? Thanks.

OK.  I can do that.