Re: your change to tree-sra.c

    I care only if it's a GIMPLE constant.  In SRA, we care that it be
    GIMPLE code, so ERROR_MARK will not work.  But I'm missing something, if
    you have already expanded the initializer in the IL, why does it matter
    that DECL_INITIAL is NULL?

Look at the code in tree-sra.c.  It's saying that if DECL_INITIAL
of a static VAR_DECL is zero, then you can use a value of zero instead
of looking at the value of the decl.  And that's wrong.