Re: named warnings & individual warning control

> We could support controlling whether certain constructs are to be
> flagged with errors, warnings or nothing.  But then, we'd probably
> want to make the decision in the caller.

Right.  The ones we can let the user decide for, are already
warning().  The ones that are error() are cases that must error out.
The question is, of what use can the id tag be for messages that must
error out anyway?  Documentation hooks have been mentioned.