Re: Problem with movqi pattern

Petar Penchev wrote:
My problem is that this instruction must not be generated by GCC becaues X register does not support QImode.

Do I have to define some additional macros to say to GCC that X register is unavailible in QImode ?

It is difficult to say what is wrong without a lot more info. You will have to try spending some time debugging this yourself. You can use -da to get RTL dumps, and then look at the .greg file. It will contain info on the reloads that were generated by reload. From this info, you may be able to figure out why reload was generating this bad insn.

It may be the case that there is no way to prevent this from happening. You can make this work by defining SECONDARY_RELOADS, and a reload_outqi pattern. See the docs, and see also the early alpha targets (! TARGET_BWX) which have a similar problem, no QImode support at all.