Re: Copy Constructor Problem with 3.2.2??

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:03:49AM +0100, Phil Prentice wrote:
>   I have a problem with the copy constructor.

Point::Point(Point&) is not a copy constructor (or, rather, it is a
restricted copy constructor); it only accepts arguments that are
actual, changeable Point objects.

> I have knocked up a simple
> program that demonstrates this problem.  I have compiled this same program
> using Visual C++ (windows) and it compiles & runs as I would have expected.

Then you should send a bug report to Microsoft.  If the compiler
accepts an attempt to bind a non-const reference to a temporary,
this is a serious error in the compiler.