Re: Fix gcc_update for libcpp (Was: Re: Mainline bootstrap failure while running aclocal in libcpp)

On Jun 16, 2004, Paolo Bonzini <paolo.bonzini@polimi.it> wrote:

>> Make sure you integrate these into config/gettext.m4 or so, and
>> arrange for the scripts in config to be used, instead of using
>> whatever random version of these macros a user who runs aclocal
>> happens to have around.

> It has always been like this.

Nope.  grep for gettext.m4 in */*.m4 in uberbaum and you'll see how
many hits we get.  This was not by accident.

> Maybe it's better to document that gettext 0.12 is needed to
> regenerate configure scripts?

I'd rather have the right version picked up by default.  Heck, not
shipping the gettext.m4 needed to rebuild aclocal.m4 could even be
construed as a violation of the GNU GPL, since we're shipping a
generated file without its sources.