Re: HELP: finding the patch for a regression test case

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:09:11PM -0400, perugupa@csee.wvu.edu wrote:

>  Hi,
>    I am trying to find patches for the test cases that were failes on
>    gcc3.2.3.
>    but, i am unable to fing the PR number for most of the failed testcaes
>    in the Changelog file.is there any other way to find the patch that is
>    related to the given testcase.thanx for any replies....

Usually the person who added the test case is the person who fixed the
bug.  Find out who added the test case by looking in testsuite/ChangeLog
or by using "cvs log" on the file.  Then look for changes in the sources
by the same person on the same date by looking at the appropriate
ChangeLog files.  You can also search for the patch in the archives for
gcc-patches, which will usually have an explanation of the patch.

Janis