f_options x common.opt

Hello,

I am somewhat confused about how to add new options.  There is
common.opt and relater machinery, but still there also is f_options
array in toplev.c.

So where should the options be added?  Just to common.opt, or to
both?  If to both, why would we have such stupidity?  If just to
common.opt, why does f_options still exist?

Zdenek