Re: Question on aggregates and GIMPLE

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 21:38, Richard Kenner wrote:

> Basically what I was saying in this message is that I see quite a number of
> holes in the handling of copies and comparisons of aggregate values, things
> which are indeed very rare in C and quite common in Ada.

Surely these comparisons and copies can be decomposed into simpler
operations?  After all, you do generate RTL at some point.  The
expansion into GIMPLE should resemble that.

Is this similar to the matrix syntax in Fortran?  During the summit we
talked about not decomposing things like 'A = B + C', where A, B and C
are matrices.

But, this was purely for reasons of optimization.  Recognizing a killing
definition to A and the loads of B and C before scalarization can help
the vectorizer.

Diego.