Re: More on c-gimplify.c:gimplify_decl_stmt

    I don't follow.  Sure there's a nest of references.  So what?  I don't
    see how that affects my argument at all.

    The scalar evolution code on the LNO branch can handle a simple linear
    equation such as 15+4*i ({15,+,4}) just as easily as a simple direct
    index ({0,+,1}).  We are not losing any functionality there.

I disagree with both of these, but it's no longer relevant since
we seem to be converging on the solution of adding fields to the
ARRAY_REF and COMPONENT_REF, which seems to satisfy all the needs.