Re: Feedback on -iquote

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 06:25:33PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
> >a given situation where a given installation otherwise cannot compile.
> >So, I am happy to have gotten rid of the need of -I- and will do so
> >even if it is not deprecated.
>
> Hum...  You're happy to have removed the need to use -I- from your
> code?  Why then propose that we not get rid of it?

I am sorry if I was not clear enough.

I complained because I *did* need it.  It was not possible to
simply change the Makefile and get things working again with only
-iquote.  Moreover, the change needed might affect users of my
library in a way that they need to make non-trivial changes too.

But - after having redesigned things, I don't care anymore:
The new design seems better and worth the trouble.

Not everyone might be as easy as me about a change like this though:
I often have an attitude of "screw backwards compatibilty" when
the new design is better.  Not meaning that I think that -iquote
is a better design than -I-, but MY new design needs neither of
the two, and that I think is an improvement.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>