Re: gcc 3.4.0 m68k-elf generates illegal code for ColdFire (maybea fix)

Peter Barada wrote:
I believe all your patches are already in CVS, with the
exception of the addsi3_5200 fix.

Is there anything else I've omitted?

I'mve updated my uberbaum tree, and notice that I never sent in my patch to:

1) Use mvz/mvs instructions for ColdFire V4 to zero/sign extend
   byte/word from memory into a data register

The version handling an immediate value is already in.

2) Enable use of output_andsi3/output_iorsi3/output_xorsi3 for
   ColdFire to allow for using the bclr/bset/bchg instructions for
   single-bit modifications.

Didn't the ColdFire always support bit operations the same way the m68k did? Why should this be special-cased for ColdFire only?

3) Update MULL_COST/MULW_COST for ColdFire v3 and higher cores.

Yummy ;-)

I'm building up the uberbaum tree now, and will send in a patch as
soon as I verify it.

Thank you!

\X/  http://www.develer.com/