Re: permit unary plus to be used with vector types

Having put together these I'd like to understand three things:

a) Since there doesn't seem to be a mechanism to generate source files
from templates in the test suite, and since completely testing all
possible combinations would require adding 460 files, what is the proper
way to go? Add this large a set of files, or invent a mechanism to
create source files on the fly from a template (or is there one and I
failed to identify it)?

b) Since there doesn't seem to be a way to re-use test sources from
different branches of the tree, the above number would even further
increase (i.e. these vector tests need to be in the execute branch to
verify the compiler generates correct generic code, but they should also
be in one of the possible places where they would just get compiled, and
just for certain architectures [which have some hardware support for
vector mode operations]). This duplication of the files (or even just
symbolically linking to them) would seem like overkill, so again should
I really do this or should I invent a way to share source files across
subtrees (or again is there one and I failed to identify it)?

c) Since, in the case of having to add at least one full set of files
in one of the subtrees, I'd like to also provide a script for automated
updating of these source files: How does one specify (within a patch)
that a certain file will need to be created with execute permission?

Thanks, Jan

"Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@novell.com> writes:

> Up to 3.4.0, applying a unary plus to a vector type is rejected; here
is
> the one line fix for this. I am not aware of an exisiting bug number
for
> this.
[...]

Could you provide test cases for this and the other vector patches
you've sent, please, or else indicate which existing test cases they
fix?  Also, we'd appreciate your writing change log entries.

zw