Re: Beginner GCC projects question

1) Is the list of projects current?

Not all of it, but the one you picked is.

I was thinking of starting with the
include file inter-dependency cleanup, but I want to make sure that
somebody else isn't already tackling that.

Not AFAIK.

Remember the "Mega bonus points for working out a way to do automatic dependency generation without relying on features of GCC or GNU make. And we don't want a make dep pass if it can possibly be avoided." This is feasible, especially since GNU make *is* now allowed. You need good make skills, but not guru-level -- just take a look at how Automake does it. I cannot approve any patch, but if you pick this one I'm willing to help.

Paolo