RE: Multiplatform binary generation

  Why not just use a .tar archive?  Or even a library (.a) archive?  That
feature can be implemented using existing formats and technologies without
having to develop anything new.

> In the second phase I will modify rpm (becouse I am using Mandrake at
> the moment) to handle .dlx files properly during installation (e.g.
> strip them all).
>
> I would like to hear any your sugestions or comments before I spent
> months developing it.

  I think your time would be wasted developing a solution to a problem that
can far more easily and quickly be solved with an existing archive file
format and a few shell scripts.  Sorry to be so negative, but I really can't
see the use in it.

    cheers,
       DaveK