Re: building 3.4.0 for powerpc-elf target

Dave Murphy wrote:
C:/DOCUME~1/DAVEM~1.NEU/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccszaaaa.s:41: Error: unsupported
relocation against null

The libgcc2.s file has obvious problems.
stw 0,12((null))
(null) isn't a valid register name. It looks like your C library prints null pointers as "(null)".

I can build a x86-linux hosted powerpc-elf cross compiler which works OK. I didn't use any configure options or set any environment flags.

It appears that something got miscompiled on your end. I suggest that you try debugging it. Put a break point in print_operand and step through it. The error is probably much earlier though. I suspect that the reg_names array is not getting initialized correctly. It gets initialized with a constant initializer in regclass.c. Maybe it is getting clobbered at some point while the compiler is running.