Re: avr-gcc, .debug_frame and bitfields

On 4 May 2004 at 9:50, Denis Chertykov wrote:

<snip>
> > When building objects, I am unable to make gcc output the .debug_frame
> > section. This is how I build my objects:
> >
> >  >avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega169 -gdwarf-2 -o test.elf test.c
>
> Avr port support only stabs debugging format.
> (-g equal to -gstabs.)

<snip>

> > Are these problems specific for the AVR target?
>
> Yes.
>
> > How would I go about to fix these problems?
>
> Rewrite code which handle debugging information.

Denis,

Torleif is an Atmel employee who is in the process of adding ELF / DWARF
support to their AVR Studio software especially for debugging. This is a very
desirable feature to have in their software.

Do you have *specific* information as to what exactly needs to be done to add
DWARF support for the AVR?

Thanks
Eric