Re: successful build gcc-3.4.0 on Red Hat 7.1.2.96-81

J.M.W. Kooijman wrote:
General remark: Though the compilation went generally effortlessly, there was one slight hitch. In my first run configure had apparently decided that my system didn't have stdlib.h and therefore set HAVE_STDLIB_H to no.

Check the config.log file in the appropriate directory to see why the stdlib.h test failed. This might be either libiberty or i686-pc-linux-gnu/libiberty depending on whether this was the host or target libiberty build. There might be a conflict between stdlib.h and some other header file that shows up with a newer gcc.

Or, if you want us to look at this, file a bug report into our bugzilla bug database. See
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html
for more info on reporting bugs.